By now we all know (or most of us know!) how powerful Facebook Ads are. It’s arguably the best marketing tool that has ever been invented, in history. And when you have something so epic, the price you pay is that it’s very complex! Wrapping your head around Facebook Ads can be a big task, so here are 5 steps to creating a profitable campaign to grow your business.
1. Know Your Customer
When it comes to Facebook Ads and marketing general, the first thing you to need to know is: Who is your dream customer? Saying something like ‘men over 25’ is not a customer – that’s half the population. You need to know exactly who they are, with details like:
- Are they men or women or both?
- How old are they?
- Where are they?
- What are their problems?
- What are their desires?
These are just a few examples. List down as much information as you can about this person so you know exactly who you’re targeting.
2. Know Where They Are
Once you know who your dream customer is, you need to find out where they are. When you know where they hang out online you’ll be able to target them with specific messages that will grab their attention. Ask yourself questions like:
- What do they read?
- Who do they follow?
- What are they interested in?
- What pages do they like?
- Who else shares your customer?
When you have this information you’ll be able to create a strong targeting template.
3. Know What They Want
Now you know who the dream client is and where they are. The next question is – what will you give them? What can you offer this person that’s attention grabbing, and will pull them away from Facebook towards your business. You need to offer something they want more than anything else, and make irresistible. Something like ‘10% off’ is not even close to enough! Don’t be stingy… you want to have something so appealing they’d be stupid not to get it. You can offer things like:
- Free coupons / discounts / awesome offers
- eBooks answering their biggest questions
- Cheat sheets to help them take a shortcut
- Anything that appeals to their pains and desires
4. Have a Funnel Set Up
A marketing funnel will help you bring all of these pieces together. This funnel includes the offer, the Facebook Ads, the opt in page, the thank you page, and your follow up sequence. You might use an automated email sequence to nurture your leads, or send them vouchers directly. A proper funnel can automate the entire process and make it easy to run. Without a funnel in place, it’s very difficult to tie it all together. You’ll need:
- Your attractive offer (step 3)
- Landing / opt in page to claim the offer and collect customer info
- Thank you pages to track conversions and upsell / inspire action
- Facebook pixel installed
- Facebook custom conversions created
- Email autoresponder
- Retargeting ads
5. Know Your Numbers
Last and certainly not least is knowing your numbers. Without the metrics, you won’t know if you’re failing or succeeding. You need to know things like:
- What is the lifetime value of a customer?
- What is the max I want to spend to acquire a customer?
- How much does it cost to get someone opting in on my landing page?
- How many of those people do I get onto?
- How many of those people make an appointment?
- How many people show up?
When you have these questions answered, you’ll be able to properly measure your campaign.
With these five steps you’ll be on track to creating a profitable campaign that grows your business! If you’d like to see how to implement this along with the biggest secrets to success when it comes to Facebook Ads, get in touch with us for a free consult.